iSync

Suggest away - maybe I'll like the idea :)

iSync

Postby GusDoeMatik » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:04 am

Ok I seen many apps in the App Store sync files, photos, and other items from one iOS device to another... This is only done if both devices have the app installed... This app should be able to do the same, with many options...

Currently using a EyeFi card and ShutterSnitch and/or EyeFi app, one can only send the photos to 1 iOS device using Direct Mode... So it's either my iPhone or iPad... I want it on both... Why? People may ask... It's quite simple...

Let's say I"m on a shoot I have my card set up to my iPad so the client and I can see previews of the shots as I'm shooting... But I would like to have them posted to the cloud as well (Facebook, MobleMe, Flickr, FTP, and/or so fourth). But I'm too cheap to pay for the tethering option on the iPhone or for a new data plan for the iPad... So after the images are sent to the iPad I enable an action, either APP wide or Collection based, that will sync it to my iPhone... On my iPhone I will enable an action that will automatically post it to any cloud service or FTP I designate...

I know this wouldn't be too hard to create cause the iOS developer API's that allow for this feature have been create by Apple already... All a developer has to do is create the interface and such for it to happen... I'm not a code writer, but it sounds pretty explanatory (if you're a developer)... But hey what do I know I'm a photographer...

None the less this request is viable and very useful, if I say so myself...

I know you're a busy man and probably have may ToDo's you are developing currently, but could you please put this at the top of the list...

Thank You,

A Loyal Customer For Life
GusDoeMatik

Re: iSync

Postby TheBrew » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:24 am

This is being worked on / tested right at this moment..

Thanks for the loyalty :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby GusDoeMatik » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Thank you for your timely response...

Any idea on the ETA on which this feature will be implemented?
GusDoeMatik

Postby TheBrew » Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm

No ETA. But before 2012 ;)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Feature suggestions