Crashing when trying to edit action

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Crashing when trying to edit action

Postby tip » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:36 pm

When opening the Actions Tasks dialog and then trying to edit an action, the edit dialog is very briefly show, then app crashes (exits).
I urgently need to update ftp data for uploads to function, and have an event coming up very soon!
(Buying the subscription, I thought I would get a fix for this, but it made no difference - keeps crashing.)

Is there any way to downgrade?

ipad/ iOS 10.3.3. SS: v 4.7.2
(No crash log available in analytics section.)

Pls fix asap! Thank you!

PS.: Deleting and re-installing would be highly undesirable, as there are many quite complex actions and upload targets configured.
tip

Re: Crashing when trying to edit action

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:52 pm

First, I would never leave bugs unfixed for non-subscribers. Bugs are bugs, and will be fixed whether you're a subscriber or not (well, if I'm still in business of course.. :) I'd be a pretty despicable person if I held customers hostage like that.

Second, 4.7.2 is not the latest version. Please install 4.7.3 and let me know if that still causes a crash.

If it does, could you please go to the in-app settings, tap the advanced page at the top, then tap 'Share Configuration', then tap the 'Action Tasks', tap 'Select All' and go back, then 'Share' the configuration file. Tap 'Don't Include credentials' and share it to somewhere from where you can post the file here.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 pm

Update: I wasn't able to reproduce it in my simulator, but I found an iPad with 10.3.3 and I can make it crash there, so don't bother sharing the configuration file. I bet it's the same crash.

I'll submit the fixed version 4.7.4 today.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby tip » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Sounds great! Lightning speed response - Thank you VERY MUCH!
tip

Postby tip » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Just upgraded to v 4.7.4 and editing an action now works without a crash. Thanks for the quick fix.

!! New bug introduced instead:
Overlay > Image Mask now does not properly scale anymore, but sits in the top left corner, rather than filling the frame (as previously was the case with png images)
(Watermarking seems to still work as expected)
tip

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks for confirming!

Could it be that you need to select the "Fit to" => 'Photo' instead of 'Browser'?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Whooa, OK! No issues on my iOS 12 iPads.

Then I tried it on iOS 10, and boom, a tiny overlay in the top left hand corner! Weird. Looking into it.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Fixed version 4.7.5 submitted. Here's hoping for a speedy review. Sorry for the inconvenience - and thanks for reporting it!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby tip » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks - will wait for update and test.
tip

Postby TheBrew » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:07 pm

It should already be out. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Bugs