Portrait orientation

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Portrait orientation

Postby Clem » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Hello, I am using Version 4.7.13 (45813). For some time now, our picture desk, I am sending to, keeps mentioning, that my pictures taken in portrait mode are in landscape orientation. I tried sending the pictures via another ftp server to myself and viewing them with Photo Mechanic doesn't show the problem. Our desk is using Fotostation. I tried reading, what I found on this topic in the forum, but I cannot explain this behavior! Thanks in advance, Cheers, Clem
Clem

Re: Portrait orientation

Postby TheBrew » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Are you editing the photos in any way before you send them?

And I assume you send to the picture desk using an FTP export location?

The other times people have reported a similar issue, it’s the software at the other end that doesn’t support reading the Exif orientation tag. To “fix” that, you can edit the FTP export location, pick ‘Pre-process’, pick ‘Resize to Max’ and put in 10000. That’ll upload a pre-rotated copy without any special Exif orientation.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Portrait orientation

Postby Clem » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:40 pm

I tried, what you proposed and it worked in first place. But when I did some fine tuning (editing), levels, etc. The orientation was wrong again. It could be, that the problem is a specific problem for Fotostation 7.0, as I was told, that in the inbox the orientation was right but in another view, the orientation was right. Cheers, Clem
Clem

Return to Bugs