Canon 1DX Mark III transfers freeze after 30 transfers

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Canon 1DX Mark III transfers freeze after 30 transfers

Postby BDrebin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:52 am

I'm on an iPad Pro 11 inch (MU1D2LL/A), iOS version 13.3.1, ShutterSnitch version 4.8.1.

I have two Canon 1DX IIIs with WFT-E9a transmitters and have found that once 30 jpgs total have been transferred from either camera or both simultaneously, transfers will stop. Interestingly, if I then select the 30 images and move the images to a different collection, the transfers will resume. This happens using WFT, the built-in camera wifi, or direct to iPad ethernet. Changing the jpeg file size doesn't change the number of transfers. I am not hitting the limit with a 1DX II.
BDrebin

Re: Canon 1DX Mark III transfers freeze after 30 transfers

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 am

ShutterSnitch is pretty much just a dumb bucket ready to receive content - if there’s enough space for it. So if you’re not running out of disk space, it sounds like a camera setting?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby NickC » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:31 pm

BDrebin wrote:I'm on an iPad Pro 11 inch (MU1D2LL/A), iOS version 13.3.1, ShutterSnitch version 4.8.1.

I have two Canon 1DX IIIs with WFT-E9a transmitters and have found that once 30 jpgs total have been transferred from either camera or both simultaneously, transfers will stop. Interestingly, if I then select the 30 images and move the images to a different collection, the transfers will resume. This happens using WFT, the built-in camera wifi, or direct to iPad ethernet. Changing the jpeg file size doesn't change the number of transfers. I am not hitting the limit with a 1DX II.

Hello. I have a 1dx3 and have been testing also. Make sure overwrite is on in the ftp settings of the camera. That caused me some issues. Also I have not run into that with the built in WiFi. My wfte9a comes Monday so I can do some testing with that.
NickC

Postby BDrebin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:36 pm

NickC wrote:
BDrebin wrote:I'm on an iPad Pro 11 inch (MU1D2LL/A), iOS version 13.3.1, ShutterSnitch version 4.8.1.

Hello. I have a 1dx3 and have been testing also. Make sure overwrite is on in the ftp settings of the camera. That caused me some issues. Also I have not run into that with the built in WiFi. My wfte9a comes Monday so I can do some testing with that.

Enabling FTP Overwrite on the camera fixes the issue. Thanks!
BDrebin

Postby NickC » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:49 pm

BDrebin wrote:
NickC wrote:

Enabling FTP Overwrite on the camera fixes the issue. Thanks!

Very welcome!
NickC

Postby kitaoka » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 pm

NickC wrote:

Nick I'm trying to use the built in WiFi rather than purchasing a WFT. I cannot get Shuttersnitch to connect to my camera. Are you using FTP or Smartphone in the camera settings? Thank you.
kitaoka

Postby ZikD22 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Thanks for the info, I was also having the issues with transfer stopping after 30 images on a 1DX3 and WFT-E9.
ZikD22

Return to Bugs