Renaming Bug

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Renaming Bug

Postby jameschristie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:24 pm

Had a look to see if anyone had posted about this before but couldn’t find it.

I am connecting a canon 1DX mkii and mkiii to ShutterSnitch at the same time. The files imported from the mkii have .CR2 extension and mkiii has .CR3

The problems arise when I run an action on import to rename the files with a unique number.(or to rename them at any point actually). When the app renames the file it checks the collection for those already renamed and then renames the file adding 1 to the unique number. The issue is it includes the extension in this check. So I end up with files named the same “renamed0001.CR2” and “renamed0001.CR3”. This then causes issues as it only creates 1 file for adjustments and metadata. So changing them (cropping etc) for one photo changes for the other.
jameschristie

Re: Renaming Bug

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Good catch - will look into it!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jameschristie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:02 pm

just to add it's not the differing file extensions that is causing the bug as I transferred jpeg only and it's still renaming files from the two different cameras the same. I just transferred 1 jpg from the 1dx mark ii and 3 from the 1dx mark iii. after renaming all the files with an action I was left with

from 1dx mark iii
rename0001.jpg
rename0002.jpg
rename0003.jpg

from 1dx mark ii
rename0001.jpg
jameschristie

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:13 pm

I’m confused - wouldn’t the first rename0001.jpg have been overwritten then? Or is there a different case character in there somewhere?

Or perhaps the Directory Structure setting on your WFT is set to ‘Camera’, in which case the files will be uploaded to different paths - which will mess with the renaming. (If so, make sure you set Directory Structure to ‘Default’.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs