Crash on iPad Pro 11 when importing RAWs from R3 and R5

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Crash on iPad Pro 11 when importing RAWs from R3 and R5

Postby cms » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:08 pm

Shuttersnitch crashes occasionally when importing RAWs (through ftp, CR3) from Canon EOS R3 and R5 onto iPad Pro 11 3. Generation. After the crash most of the time the app doesn‘t reopen and has to be reinstalled from scratch. Pls. look attached for protocol, however recent crashes don‘t seem to be recorded as the last one dates two weeks back.
Attachments
ShutterSnitch Report.txt
Protocoll
(18.92 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
cms

Re: Crash on iPad Pro 11 when importing RAWs from R3 and R5

Postby TheBrew » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:09 pm

First of all, sorry for the trouble - and thanks for reporting this.

I'm afraid this is one of those crashes I need to be able to reproduce myself, because the log is far too vague.

I think it's related to the Grid mode though - so while you wait for me to figure something out, you could try switching to Filmstrip mode when you import.

Could you help me with some more details in order for me to reproduce it:

* How often would you say 'occasionally' is?
* Do you think it's related to the specific RAW file itself (if you try re-transmitting the file that caused the crash, does it go through on the next try)?
* In case it's related to the type of RAW file, could you attach a sample for me? (With GDPR and all, it would be nice if it was a blurry one, so privacy isn't an issue. :)

I'd also love to know if switching to the Filmstrip mode actually does solve it. Then I'm at least a little closer to knowing where to look.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby cms » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:10 pm

Thank you for your quick response!

It seems to me that this happens with specific files (I would sometimes have the issue 5 times a day, to the point I can't use the app anymore, sometime once). I always use the film strip mode, just tried the grid mode and it equally crashes.

I have one RAW file, which so far has without exception caused the crash, however it tells me that the image file is invalid, when I try uploading it as an attachment on here. Can I get it to you in an email?

Also I just checked, the crash doesn't generate any log.

Let me know if I can be of further help.
cms

Postby TheBrew » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:21 pm

cms wrote:I have one RAW file, which so far has without exception caused the crash

That is music to my ears!

Could you try zipping the raw and attaching the zip file? (Mac: right-click the file -> Compress, Windows ..ehm.. Right-click file -> must be some zip option there.. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby cms » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:31 pm

here we go...
Last edited by TheBrew on Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Got it, thanks!
cms

Postby TheBrew » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:35 pm

Yes!! It also crashes here!

I'm diving into a fix right now.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:52 pm

Fixed, and submitted for review. Hopefully they'll approve it soon. Thanks so much for reporting this / helping to get it fixed!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby cms » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:13 pm

Awesome, thank you so much for reacting that fast!!!
cms

Return to Bugs