Error sending images by ftp

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Error sending images by ftp

Postby Nacho75 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:09 am

Hello, I have Shuttersnitch installed on an ipad pro with IpadOs 16.2 and when sending photos to an ftp it gives me a timeout error or no connection to the server, so with some photos yes and others no. especially when I'm connected to my router's wifi or any other router via wifi and ethernet, if I connect the ipad via wifi to my mobile data I don't have that problem and the sending process is done correctly. There are also photos that give an error but when checking the ftp server the photo has passed. I am attaching a screenshot of the moment of the error. Greetings and thank you
Attachments
935A1C3F-0420-4DA3-89C3-EA28530ADBEB.png
935A1C3F-0420-4DA3-89C3-EA28530ADBEB.png (5.81 MiB) Viewed 199 times
D8E5AB2F-A7BA-4D9C-97C6-D12A343E4EE2.png
D8E5AB2F-A7BA-4D9C-97C6-D12A343E4EE2.png (4.94 MiB) Viewed 199 times
Nacho75

Re: Error sending images by ftp

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:28 am

Since things work using the mobile network, it's a good bet that you have a router issue.

Maybe, if you're lucky, switching the way you're pointing to the server can solve it? That is: If you've put in an IP address in the Host field of the FTP location, try changing it to the hostname instead (or vice versa: if you've put in the hostname, try changing it to the IP address instead). Maybe that resolving (or lack of resolving) will avoid whatever's causing the issue.

iOS does some internal shuffling to try to get you to the target host, depending on the current network reachability (mobile/wifi), but FTP in particular is super basic compared to other protocols. If WebDAV is an option for you, I recommend you try using that instead - much better handling of routing. (Note: in case you bought ShutterSnitch before it became subscription based and you're not a subscriber, I added support for this improved WebDAV/Dropbox/Google Drive/Flickr/SmugMug/Zenfolio routing as a subscription feature.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs