Flickr not authenticating

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Flickr not authenticating

Postby Veloshooter » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:19 pm

1, I've just installed the ShutterSnitch App on my iPod to test it before making a decision on using on the Ipad.
2. Key is being able to send photos to Flickr
3. Before setting up with eyefi, I have imported some photos from the Ipods Photos.
4. I have created a collection, I have two photos in that collection.
5. I tap the Up facing arrow, tap a photo to add to queue, tap the Export item, tap Other location, tap a Flickr location, and I am taken to Safari and my Flickr account to authorise, I tap yes authorise and I am returned to ShutterSnitch Locations. No photo has been uploaded.
6. At the bottom of the screen is No credentials - going to Flickr Login. If I tap Flickr again, I go to back to the authorisation screen in Sarfari.
7. If I click Edit, both Flickr locations have a red circle with line through it (meaning I guess not authorised).
8. If I click the > arrow for more options, and click authorise, I'm taken back to Locations and asked to tap the location. I tap Flickr yet again, and end up back at Authorise in Safari and when I tap authorise, back in Locations I see no credentials.

Now, in my account in Flickr, ShutterSnitch has Write authority so has already so why like email which works, will it not just upload the photo to my Flickr account and not keep taking me back to the Flickr.com/services ... page when at the top it shows a key and the words ShutterSnitch wants to link to your Flickr account which of course it already has.

Quite baffling and unsure if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I don't think the latter because ShutterSnitch has been authorised in Flickr which I can see in accounts. The two should be talking to each other now.

Larry
Veloshooter

Re: Flickr not authenticating

Postby Bluenose » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Wow Larry,

You just saved me a bunch of typing. I am having the same problem and you must have published your post while I was joining the forum.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

Thanks, Bill
Bluenose

Postby Veloshooter » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 pm

What I didn't say Bill was that because you can email images to Flickr, I am able to use that option to post images on my Flickr page so there is a work around but it would be good if the option for Flickr did work!

Larry
Veloshooter

Postby Veloshooter » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Would also add that I updated the OS for this pre V4 Ipod Touch (V3?) to v4.2.1 so not expecting that to be the problem...

Larry
Veloshooter

Postby Bluenose » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks for the email tip. It worked fine. I also just linked Photogene to Flickr and it upload my photo so it doesn't seem to an issue with Flickr.
Bluenose

Postby TheBrew » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Hm. Hm. Hm.

Just tested it here and it works fine on my account.

I wonder if it's an iOS4.2.1 upgrade-thing. My test was with a ShutterSnitch-free iPod touch 2. gen. running iOS4.2.1. I installed ShutterSnitch, added a couple of photos and chose to export to a location. Added a Flickr account which took me to the Yahoo login page. Logged in and allowed ShutterSnitch to upload photos. It then opened the app again and I could just tap the Flickr location that I'd created. Uploaded fine.

We've seen it before, that when updating the iOS, things get screwy until the settings are reset.

Have you tried deleting the Flickr location and setting it up again? (Press edit when you're in the locations overview, tap the red delete button you mention in step 7, and tap the delete button to the right to confirm)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Veloshooter » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Will try this tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback... and if there is any chance a resize function can be added, let us know. Would be most useful for sending webres images out!

Larry
Veloshooter

Postby TheBrew » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Resizing will come with the 2.0 release :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Storkomat » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm having the same problem as described above. "No credentials" - deleted the Flickr account and set up a new one. Same as before...
iPad with IOS 4.2.1
Any idea?
Storkomat

Postby TheBrew » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Here's an idea - Multitasking trouble... Try this:

When it fails and takes you to the Flickr authorization page - don't tap authorize right away but, while you're on the page in Safari, double tap the home button to bring up the multitasking panel. Press and hold any icon down there until they start to shake. tap the red minus-icon on ShutterSnitch to pull the plug on it.
Double tap the home button again and THEN authorize.

Does that solve the problem?

Update: Yeah. The first time I tested it, it was on a iPod touch 2nd. gen (=no multitasking) and that worked fine. Now I just tested on an iPhone 3GS - multitasking, and I get the problem you describe. The solution I wrote above works ..you just lose the image selection - pick them again and you can post. The app remembers the authorization after that, so it's just a one-time nuisance.
This is, of course, fixed in the 2.0 release. Hopefully out soon...
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Bugs