Flickr not authenticating

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Re: Flickr not authenticating

Postby Veloshooter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:50 pm

New problem. After having played with Shutternitch, I went out and got an iPad which was the real reason for getting it. Unfortunately, Flickr works even less now.

1. Flickr is configured in Safari with my username etc so I can display it as a web page when I need to.

2. I go to Shutternitch, add a picture to export, click Export, other location...

3. Tap Flickr, it brings up Safari, starts to load and then without showing the authentication page, returns to the Locations window (no crediantials shown at the bottom as the problem before.)

Will now try the work around using email.

PS: I cannot rename a Collection. Delete the text, the keyboard does not work in the app. Works everywhere else in Shuttersnitch (password for example) but not for renaming a collection.

PPS: Unsure in the previous answer where you say "Double tap the home button to bring up the multitasking panel". Do you mean the home button in Flickr (this just magnifies the page)... confused

Larry
Veloshooter

Postby Veloshooter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:59 pm

.. as per above, I have tried the email to Flickr and that worked.

Interestingly, I added the Flickr app and that went through the authorisation process with Flickr no problem.

Larry
Veloshooter

Postby Veloshooter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 pm

PS: sussed the home button thingy and that didn't work for me. Still goes to authenticate and returns to shuttersnitch without giving me the opportunity to select the option in Safari...

Larry
Veloshooter

Postby TheBrew » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Yes, the collection renaming is also a bug introduced by iOS4.0. It's fixed in the next release. For now you can create it with the default name and then rename it later by tapping and holding the collection thumbnail. (You'll need to be logged in as superuser for this)

Flickr - try this:

Multitasking has introduced some "funny" stuff for non-multitasking apps. Let's take it from the top:

1. Go to the home screen. Double-click the Home button (The physical button) That'll bring up the multitasking panel.
2. Tap and hold any of the icons until they start to shake.
3. Find Safari and tap the red circle with a minus inside of it.
4. Find ShutterSnitch and tap the red circle on that too.
5. Click the Home button again to return to the normal home screen.
6. Open Safari and go to the Flickr page. If it remembers you, you should log out. Press the Home button.
7. Open Safari and go to the Flickr page - does it remember you / log you in automatically? If yes, go to 6, if no: GREAT, press the Home button and go to 8.
8. Open ShutterSnitch, enter a collection with some photos, go to "editing"/"picking" mode and pick an image. Press Export > Other location.
9. Press Edit and delete the Flickr account.
10. Add a Flickr account and press the Authenticate button.
11. You're taken to the Flickr page in Safari - if everything has gone well, you'll be asked to log in. Before you do this: double click the Home button.
12. Tap and hold any icon in the multitasking bar at the bottom until the icons start shaking and press the red circle on ShutterSnitch to close it. Click the Home button one time to return to Safari.
13. Log in to your Flickr account and authorize ShutterSnitch to upload images. You should be thrown back into ShutterSnitch and from NOW on you should be able to pick images and upload them.
14. That's it.

As you can read above, the trick is to kill any multitasking behavior while authenticating. I'm sure the Flickr app works because it knows how to handle the multitasking - ShutterSnitch is not a multitasking app yet. The next version is being tested at the moment. I don't want to release a that with 20-30 bugs to fix 2-3 bugs in the current version :) Hang in there..

Oh yeah, and when it's working, it's safe to log in and let Flickr remember you in Safari again.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby skirsch » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:08 pm

The same thing was happening with me and your workaround worked...delete the flickr entry. logged out of flickr. stopped shuttersnitch and Safari. Deleted safari's cookies (just in case). restarted shuttersnitch, added flicker to shuttersnitch, killed shuttersnitch, hit authenticate, and bingo, it worked.
skirsch

Postby tsguru » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 am

Running the latest V 2 of Snitch and running into Flickr Auth problem as discussed above. I can get it work per the multi tasking workaround above - and I was able to get a photo to Flickr. When I try to change the Flickr settings to change the description of the photo and use the description/byline, and enable the watermark (anything but the defaults) it seems to stop working properly and crash the app even with Flickr signed out and not running in Safari.

Has anyone else experienced this or gotten it to auth with the watermark and the options for description?

TIA for any assistance. Nice update - looking forward to more fixes, tweaks, and new features.

FWIW - When I did get the one photo to Flickr - I didn't see any geocoded info from the Eye-Fi? Is this working yet in the current version?

Thanks

Tony
tsguru

Postby TheBrew » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:01 pm

Try clearing your cookies from Settings > Safari

Yes, geo-tagging works - if it's enabled (through Options > Actions > Update Metadata) ..if that crashes, do the workaround while we wait for 2.0.1..

Speak up if you're still having problems with Flickr after clearing the cookies, and let's figure out exactly where the problem is.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby tsguru » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks. I cleared the cookies and I got it to work with the settings and watermark. I had to change it from orig size to resize large in order to get it to stop crashing. Perhaps my iPad just can not handle the full size jpgs from my camera. Now to test the geotagging part. I did find that setting after my last post. I will test with the next batch of eyefi photos.

Thanks for the fast response.

Tony
tsguru

Postby TheBrew » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Yeah, I'll post a bug report to Apple abut that - it looks like the Mail integration doesn't check to see if there is enough memory available when it adds attachments. ..it just adds them, and if they're too large = crash.
TheBrew
The Developer

Previous

Return to Bugs