Color corrections do not save

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Color corrections do not save

Postby Lens_Hood » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:26 pm

I recently purchased the color correction add on. In the set up menu it is indicated as activated. I make the corrections then press done, and the changes do not hold and the image reverts to original status. I’ve done a restart, please advise. iPad Pro, SS 4.2.5. Thanks!
Lens_Hood

Re: Color corrections do not save

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:30 pm

This is probably related to the file being adjusted - could you post a file I can test with?

And in case it's related to specific filters, could you also tell me which values you change?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Lens_Hood » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:20 am

Thanks for your reply. I was using various filters nothing stuck. I started with temp, exp, vib, sat, then I tried just sat, to convert to BW, also tried crop. This image was created on a Canon Mk4. Medium size jpg using a Pro X2 EyeFi Card.
Attachments
80B3D63E-CCE5-43F0-9769-D14A78595CEA.jpeg
80B3D63E-CCE5-43F0-9769-D14A78595CEA.jpeg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 3337 times
Lens_Hood

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 am

Thank you so much! It looks like it's related to the embedded XMP format - I'm working on a fix and will post back when I know more.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Alright, version 4.2.6 has been submitted to Apple for review. Hopefully it should be live within a day or two.

If you still have photos with color adjustments, opening them in the image adjustments add-on will show the adjustments you made, but if you just tap "Done" they won't be applied because ShutterSnitch will think nothing was changed. For those, you can simply force a refresh of the file, by double-tapping the photo with two fingers in the browser (*not* inside the image adjustments window).

Any new metadata parsing and image adjustments should work as expected.

The reason for this bug: Canon EOS cameras that adds IPTC info to photos does something I'm not entirely sure is sober - they add more than one 'rdf:Description' node to the XMP data. So in my 4.2.6 update, the first thing my XMP parser does is tidy that up and merge multiple 'rdf:Description' nodes into one.

Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Lens_Hood » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks for the prompt fix, I'll keep checking into the app store for the update!
Lens_Hood

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:45 pm

It was approved a couple of hours ago so if it’s not there now, it won’t be long. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs