How to disable actions button in restricted mode

Bugreports = Bugfixes

How to disable actions button in restricted mode

Postby egonschurter » Mon May 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi Brew,

How can I disable the actions button when starting restricted mode?
I know how to disable the individual actions. But if I don‘t have any action ticked, the general action button remains still ticked.

Kind regards
Egon
egonschurter

Re: How to disable actions button in restricted mode

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 27, 2019 5:41 pm

Once again I can't reproduce this issue.. :) Works fine on my side. Are you sure all actions are unchecked? Does it disappear if you tap the "Clear Selection" button at the bottom?

I wonder if it could be an iOS version issue - what version are you running? And which iPhone/iPad?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Aha, I think I know what's wrong. I can make it happen if I enable an action in the Limited Mode picker, then go delete that action in the Action Tasks manager. Then go back to the Limited Mode picker - now the deleted action is a "ghost" check..
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 27, 2019 6:01 pm

While you wait for the next update of ShutterSnitch that fixes this, you can open the attached configuration file in ShutterSnitch on your device. All it does is clear the selected Limited Mode actions.
Attachments
ClearLimitedModeActions.ssconfig.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Sweet Jebus, there's got to be a less complicated way than this.. but here's how to transfer the fix directly on your device:

* Tap the attached file in the post above.
* Tap Open in "Files" and select a folder on your iCloud Drive to save it to.
* Tap the "Preview Content" option.
* Tap the arrow-going-out-of-a-box button and choose "Open in ShutterSnitch".
* Tap the "Import" button in ShutterSnitch. (Yes, there are big red letters saying it overwrites settings but don't worry, it's *only* the Limited Mode Actions that get reset.)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby egonschurter » Tue May 28, 2019 5:21 am

Hi Brew

Thanks for all the (nightly) work.
With the imported config file the ghost checker doesn‘t appear anymore, great.
I indeed must have had an action in restricted mode that deleted afterwards in the actions tab. So it was „orphaned“ in the restricted access settings.

Kind regards
egon
egonschurter

Return to Bugs