vs 4.7.2, toolbar

Bugreports = Bugfixes

vs 4.7.2, toolbar

Postby photog » Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 pm

Hello,

I limited the number of visible buttons in the toolbar. Now I can't change the toolbar anymore on my iPad mini (SN crashes).

-Oryk
photog

Re: vs 4.7.2, toolbar

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 27, 2019 10:45 pm

If you experience crashes, please attach crash logs: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1193

You can initiate the toolbar customization mode by tapping and holding the title bar.

Or does it crash when you start the customize toolbar mode?

How many buttons did you limit it to?

What version of iOS are you running?

What buttons do you have in the toolbar?

(So I can try and reproduce this.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 pm

... I initiated it via the wrench-icon. Now I use 'tapping and holding' and it works fine.

Thank you

-Oryk
photog

Postby photog » Tue May 28, 2019 7:19 am

... if I limit the number of visible buttons to 4, the toolbar shows three buttons. The same with 3 (two) or 5 (four) and so on.

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 am

The More-button (three dots) also counts as a button.

Could you please post the crash log here, so I can fix the crash?

Settings app -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Analytics Data (or on iOS 9: Privacy -> Diagnostics & Usage -> Diagnostic & Usage Data).
Tap the latest "ShutterSnitch_.." crash log. Then tap and hold the text to select the whole text and copy it. Then paste it in a post here.

What version of iOS are you running and what iOS device are you using?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Tue May 28, 2019 10:42 am

... I think it's not a crash, just something like a 'blackout'. SN is still running. I can see SN if I double-tap the home-button. Aside from that there is no SN-crash log.

IOS 12.3.1 on Ipad mini 3.

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 28, 2019 11:08 am

Oh then it's not a crash, no. A crash will send you to the Home screen.

To help me understand what's going on / help me reproduce the issue so I can fix it, could you help me with some more details? Two options:

a) Record the screen and post the video here. You can turn on screen recording in the Settings app -> Control Center -> Customize Controls -> Add 'Screen Recording'. You can now drag down from the top right hand corner while you're inside ShutterSnitch and tap the recording button.

b) Describe to me what's you see. Which buttons are in the toolbar? Is the wrench-button under the three-dots More button. When the dark screen shows, do you see *any* other thing on the screen? If you tap the black screen, does it return to ShutterSnitch? What button limit have you set?

As you can imagine, I'm "blind" here. It works as it should for me, so I need as much information as you can give me to be able to try and reproduce it.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 28, 2019 11:19 am

Since this is super-duper weird stuff - have you tried turning your iPad completely off and then on again? It sounds a little like a system that needs a good reboot.. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm

... it does NOT show a dark screen, it shows the home-screen. DoubleI-tapping the home-button shows SN on the multitasking-screen and I can return to SN. Button limit is 5 (Änderung, Aktionen, Beschreibung and Metadaten), 3 buttons (Histogramm, Wählen and Werkzeug) are under the three-dots.

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 28, 2019 3:08 pm

YES! I can reproduce the crash now.

I'll be going over the usual tests and hopefully I'll be ready to submit 4.7.3 for review tonight. If they don't reject it, it should be out in the coming days. Thanks for reporting this!

The workaround until then is to not have any buttons inside the [...] button that show a pop-up when tapped (Wrench, Trash, Histogram, Mail, Overlays, Slideshow).
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Bugs