Copy to other collection

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Copy to other collection

Postby photog » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:37 pm

Hello,

copying files to other collections SN crashes.

-Oryk
photog

Re: Copy to other collection

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:21 am

So far I haven't been able to recreate it on my side. Can you give me some more details?

And could you include the crash log too please?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:29 am

I can't find any crash log file as "ShutterSnitch_.." crash log in Settings app -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Analytics Data.The last file is ShutterSnitch-2019-04-04-182215.ips.

Moving files works, copying not.

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 am

I need more info since I have no issues on any of my devices here. Give me all you can think of :) iOS version, iOS device, number of files you move..

And by 'crash' you mean it exits ShutterSnitch to the Home screen, correct?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:15 am

IOS 12.4.4, Ipad mini 3.

I copied 1 of 3 files. SN exits to the home screen.

Attached I send you a file list of SN's folder of my iPAD. Maybe it helps.

-Oryk
Attachments
SN.jpeg
SN's folder
SN.jpeg (615.93 KiB) Viewed 673 times
photog

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 am

Just to be sure: You're not moving files around outside of ShutterSnitch are you? Like via the Finder or iCould Drive? Because then you're on your own :) That could very well lead to crashes or weird behaviour.

For example, I see a "fileinfo.sqlite-wal" inside one of your Shoots folders. Any moving of the fileinfo. database files will result in chaos.

I still can't reproduce it here, so I suggest this to clean up any database corruption and delete all the data:

1. Exit to the Home screen. Double-click the Home button and then swipe up on the ShutterSnitch window.
2. Open the Files app in iOS and go to "On my iPad". From there, enter the ShutterSnitch folder and delete: the 3 fileinfo files, the Shoots.plist file, and the Shoots folder.

Re-opening ShutterSnitch should now create a fresh database ..and hopefully fix the problem?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:04 pm

I followed your instruction, but it does not help. (Now I have to revise all my actions)

Apparently there is a problem with color tagged files !? I tag my files before I copy them to another collection.

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:47 pm

Boom! That was it! I can reproduce it with a color tagged file - as I said I need as much info as you can give me! :) Thanks for pointing that one out.

Looking into it.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Alright, pretty sure I have a fix. Will run through all the tests now and push version 4.8.1 for App Store review.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:00 pm

... thanx

-Oryk
photog

Return to Bugs