Srgb and adobe rgb issue

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Srgb and adobe rgb issue

Postby tombode » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:54 am

Hello TheBrew,

I found a problem.
If i upload my pictures from my camera to shuttersnitch its a adobe rgb picture.
When i edit the picture in shuttersnitch everything seems fine
But when i upload the picture to my news desk it seams all over saturated and red.

I noticed that photoshop and all other programs all stil seams to think that it is still a adobe RGB file. But when i tell photoshop to interpret the file as a SRGB file the picture is as i see it in shuttersnitch.

So shuttersnitch converts the picture to SRGB, but forgets to tell the file to tell the programs its a srgb file now.

Camera: Sony A9II
Ipad pro
Latest shuttersnitch
tombode

Re: Srgb and adobe rgb issue

Postby TheBrew » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Thanks for letting me know!

I've managed to fix it for my Canon files by updating the Exif Color Space metadata field - but I also need to nuke the Canon Maker Note metadata to get rid of the reference to AdobeRGB in there.

So just in case there's a similar field in your Sony metadata - could you attach a sample photo I can test with?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby tombode » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:07 am

Here is a file imported in shuttersnitch.
Is this enough for you?
Attachments
tb20200215BOD02224.JPG
tb20200215BOD02224.JPG (12.76 MiB) Viewed 583 times
tombode

Postby TheBrew » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks, but that file is using the sRGB color space.

I'd like an original file - shot using Adobe RGB - so I can test if my post-edit-fix works.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mjterrill » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:37 am

I am seeing the same problem with a Nikon D5. PhotoMechanic sees the file as Adobe RGB, but it is coming out oversaturated and red.
mjterrill

Return to Bugs