Restore Purchases does not work on reinstall

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Restore Purchases does not work on reinstall

Postby portraits&pinups » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:58 pm

I was one of the early users of ShutterSnitch and bought the app (along with donating to the tip jar). I’ve tried reinstalling on a second device, however when I do this it does not recognise my purchase and asks if I’d like to subscribe when I click on “Restore”. It would be great if this was fixed, thank you.
portraits&pinups

Re: Restore Purchases does not work on reinstall

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:11 pm

You'll still be offered the opportunity to subscribe, but if you don't want to, you can just tap the "No Thanks" button in the top right-hand corner. Do you not have that button there?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mariomel » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi, I'm having a similar problem...

Been a user for a long time, well before the subscription model. Use the app on my phone and ipad. Recently my ipad decided to temporarily remove the app to save space, keeping all the data and files intact, and just needing to be re-downloaded to continue using the app.

Well, all my files and settings are still there, but the app won't connect to my Flash Air cards or Canon 5d mk iv anymore. Still works on my phone, but not the ipad.

Tried hitting the restore button in settings, but still nothing!

Please help!

Thanks,

Mario
mariomel

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:41 pm

FlashAir and 5Dmk4 are both supported without having to restore any purchases if you bought ShutterSnitch before it went subscription based.

Could be happening because of software updates / lost settings.

In ShutterSnitch, go to the collection overview -> Options -> Setup Guide, pick 'Toshiba FlashAir' and tap the 'Done' button.
Then go to the Setup Guide again, pick 'Canon EOS / High-end PowerShot' and tap the 'Done' button.

Maybe your 5D mk4 just needs a clean re-pairing. (On your camera, disconnect from your current connection, and go through the guide once again.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mariomel » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:23 pm

After reading your reply, I went back and tried connecting and IT JUST WORKED, as if nothing had ever been wrong. Both the Flash Air and the 5DIV connected immediately, without needing to do anything.
Last week, during a class where I was demoing studio photography to a group of 20 students, NOTHING would work and I had to resort to shooting tethered by cable to a laptop. How archaic!

Thanks for your help, although it seemed to just fix itself. So, thanks for making a great product then!

Cheers!
mariomel

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:36 pm

Great! :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs