Use of iPAD Pro

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Use of iPAD Pro

Postby Rex Chor » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:23 pm

I have just purchased ShutterSnitch into my iPAD AIr. It works well in connection with both Canon 5DMK4 and Canon 6D. However, when I tried to use iPAD Pro, I was not able to connect my camera with the iPAD Pro. Can anyone suggest the cause of the problem. Is there any compatibility issue with iPAD Pro?
Rex Chor

Re: Use of iPAD Pro

Postby jayce103 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Rex Chor wrote:I have just purchased ShutterSnitch into my iPAD AIr. It works well in connection with both Canon 5DMK4 and Canon 6D. However, when I tried to use iPAD Pro, I was not able to connect my camera with the iPAD Pro. Can anyone suggest the cause of the problem. Is there any compatibility issue with iPAD Pro?

Hi Rex.

No issues with any iPad bud. I use the Pro a lot and it is stable. One thing to check is settings as using it on a different device will produce a different FTP address. If using built in wifi or a wifi adaptor (WFT) then make sure you have the right FTP address. If using a wifi card just make sure you check the settings under options and then set up guide.

Hope this helps bud.

Jayce
jayce103

Re: Use of iPAD Pro

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 pm

No, there is no difference in functionality between any iOS devices.

I assume you're using the built-in wi-fi capability of the 5d Mk4 and 6D, and in that case you don't need to worry about IP addresses as Jayce pointed out.

When using my 5d Mk4 or 6D, I do however need to go through the pairing process again on the camera if I switch to another iPad. It's not enough to just pick the previous 'ShutterSnitch' pairing - even when connecting in Camera Access Point mode.

(You don't need to go through the Setup Guide again in ShutterSnitch - once is enough.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions