Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Postby TheBrew » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:13 pm

domga wrote:it works!!! :) thank you for your time and help!

Wonderful. :)

You better write that password down in the likely case you'll need it in the future.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Cloughie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:02 pm

I am currently using shutter snitch with my1dxt transferring the images with the w6t transmitter. is it possible to use the app with another camera with a eyrie mobi pro card too. instead of using the kenai app.

thanks Huw
Cloughie

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:38 pm

Yes - as long as they are both on the same network.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Cloughie » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:46 pm

Thanks works a treat..best app ever
Cloughie

Postby ngcamera » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm

A little lost here. Recently found my eyefi Pro X2 16GB card. I used to use this with my 5D Mark II with a CF Adapter. I had it working with both the Keenai app and the EyeFi app. Those are now not available. Downloaded Shuttersnitch. My Iphone see's the network the EYEFI card is making but I can't retrieve or reset the password. Any thoughts?
ngcamera

Postby TheBrew » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:41 pm

ngcamera wrote:A little lost here. Recently found my eyefi Pro X2 16GB card. I used to use this with my 5D Mark II with a CF Adapter. I had it working with both the Keenai app and the EyeFi app. Those are now not available. Downloaded Shuttersnitch. My Iphone see's the network the EYEFI card is making but I can't retrieve or reset the password. Any thoughts?

ShutterSnitch can’t retrieve the key itself - you have to find it for it. :)
This isn’t exactly easy, but hopefully you can get to it using the guide at shuttersnitch.com/eyefikey.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ngcamera » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 am

TheBrew wrote:
ngcamera wrote:A little lost here. Recently found my eyefi Pro X2 16GB card. I used to use this with my 5D Mark II with a CF Adapter. I had it working with both the Keenai app and the EyeFi app. Those are now not available. Downloaded Shuttersnitch. My Iphone see's the network the EYEFI card is making but I can't retrieve or reset the password. Any thoughts?

ShutterSnitch can’t retrieve the key itself - you have to find it for it. :)
This isn’t exactly easy, but hopefully you can get to it using the guide at shuttersnitch.com/eyefikey.

I went through the process and when opening those files in Shuttersnitch, it says activation key not found. Seems like some additional surgery is needed. Any thoughts on a next step?
ngcamera

Postby TheBrew » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:10 am

Were you able to add the card in the Keenai app? If you were, feel free to zip that/those database file(s) up and attach them here if you want me to see if the key is actually there, but ShutterSnitch misses it for some reason.

Do you by any chance have the old EyeFi iOS app installed on any of your iOS devices? (If the card was paired with that, extracting the database file could be another hope.)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ngcamera » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:11 pm

I wasn't able to add it to the Keenai App. I get to the 'Log In' or 'Activate Mobi Card' screen and go to Activate Mobi Card. This is where I'm stone walled because I don't have the 10 character activation key. I used to have a Keenai login but I can't recover that either. My old Eyefi App and Keenai app are no longer downloaded on my new phone.
ngcamera

Postby TheBrew » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:26 pm

I just discovered this blog post and can confirm it works with my Eye-Fi Pro X2.

Find the MAC address and upload key and send an email to your device with a line formatted like this:

Code: Select all
shuttersnitch://?setKey=<the key>&forMAC=<the MAC address>

Example:
Code: Select all
shuttersnitch://?setKey=d28ff51a09cf77df7f612ab115229313&forMAC=00-18-56-01-ab-23

On the device, tap the link to open it in ShutterSnitch. If you don't get a "Upload key added" message then something's not right - double check if the link is formatted correctly.

If you have a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian and an SD to USB adapter it's fairly easy to get the values:
Download a zip file of the source code from hansendc's GitHub page, extract the files, open a Terminal and navigate to the directory with the files. Type 'make' to compile the program. Insert the Eye-Fi card + USB adapter into the Pi and wait for it to show up on the desktop. Then type "./eyefi-config -m" to get the MAC address and then "./eyefi-config -u" to get the upload key.

I didn't watch his video all the way to the end, but it looks like he tells you have to set up a VM if you don't have a Raspberry Pi.. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi