Shuttersnitch App

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Shuttersnitch App

Postby rallysnapper » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi
I seem to me having a battery drain issue on my iPhone SE 1st generation running IOS 14.01, when I use the latest downloaded Shuttersnitch app the battery percentage number starts to run down immediately until I stop importing images. As a sort of test I have run the latest shuttersnitch app on my iPhone 4s and the battery meter seems more stable when I ran a few importing tests on that phone. Have you any clue why shuttersnitch seems more power hungry on IOS14.
rallysnapper

Re: Shuttersnitch App

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:01 pm

It’s doing a lot of work during imports. If your battery is visibly dropping, my guess it’s going bad? You can check your battery health on the Settings app -> Battery screen.

I’ve seen users turning on every supported service in the ShutterSnitch settings - that’s also a way to ask for a speedy battery drain (well, and other fun issues). The more the phone has to do, the faster the battery will be drained. So make sure you only turn on the services you need.

Also, in case you *just* installed 14.0.1: it’s often normal to have excessive battery drain in the hours after updating.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions