WebDAV setting

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

WebDAV setting

Postby photog » Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 am

Hello.

I'd like to transfer files from my iPHONE-collection A to my iPAD-collection B via WebDAV. How do I have to setup WebDAV's settings "path" and/or sliderbar "In einen Sammlungsordner" on my iPHONE to transfer files to collection B ?

Thank you
photog

Re: WebDAV setting

Postby TheBrew » Fri May 07, 2021 9:49 am

In short, you don't, because that's not how ShutterSnitch works.

When you navigate to collection in ShutterSnitch, that collection becomes the root path for the server.

The "In einen Sammlungsordner" is not related to ShutterSnitch-to-ShutterSnitch transfers. It's for better folder management on a remote FTP/WebDAV server. Uploads would be placed in a subfolder by the name of the collection.

So you can just leave the Path field empty. The WebDAV server (or FTP server) running in ShutterSnitch will show the contents of the collection no matter if the files are uploaded to the root path or into a subfolder.

So on your iPad you'd navigate to the collection you want to upload files to, and then start the upload on your iPhone.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions