Enabling the "Backup: only star rated photos"

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Re: Bugs

Postby newmediaguru » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:16 am

Everything is working fine and images are transferring from the Canon 5D II to the iPad running Shuttersnitch 2.1.3 and then from the iPad to the MacBook Pro running Shuttersnitch Backup.

However, enabling the "Backup: only star rated photos" function cause Shuttersnitch Backup to stop being able to login to the ipad: I select "View status" from the Shuttersnitch Backup menu, click "Settings", tick "Backup: Only star rated photos", double-click the ipad icon, and then click OK -- the iPad status line briefly reads "download list of changes" and then always displays "No reply. Bad username/password?". Unchecking "Backup: Only star rated photos", double clicking the ipad icon, and then clicking OK always solves the problem -- Shuttersnitch Backup is then able to connect to Shuttersnitch and transfer files again.

Ipad 1
Shuttersnitch 2.1.3
D-link DAP-1350
Canon 5D MK II w/ WFT-E4 IIa
MBP 2011
OSX 10.6.8

Is there a way to enable "Backup: only star rated photos" without causing Shuttersnitch Backup to lose its ability to connect to the iPad?

I would love to use this feature at a wedding tomorrow so that only the photos that my assistant stars on the iPad get transferred to the MacBook and shown in the live slideshow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
newmediaguru

Postby TheBrew » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Yes, update ShutterSnitch to the latest version 2.1.5 :)

The support for transferring rated photos was introduced in version 2.1.4, that's why you're getting an error.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby newmediaguru » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks! I updated to 2.1.5 and it works :)

The only thing is I can't flag images in Shuttersnitch as the photos appear on the ipad -- the star icon disappears whenever the iPad is receiving an image. I have "Jump to new images disabled" so that my assistant will be able to pick out the best shots in real-time by starring them as I'm shooting so that only those shots are included in the live slideshow, however it appears that she will have to wait until I stop shooting and all the photos have transferred before she can star the shots she wants to send to the projector... say it ain't so!?
newmediaguru

Postby TheBrew » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Good to hear :)

You can avoid that if you enable Limited Mode (from the wrench icon in the toolbar) and make sure that rating is checked!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs