shooting directly into iPad

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

shooting directly into iPad

Postby Quick Flicks » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Instead to show the just taken picture on the camera's display I would like to be able to use an iPad to show the pictures taken.
Can this be done? If yes what is needed.
Quick Flicks

Re: shooting directly into iPad

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Am I understanding you correctly - that you'd like to see the other/older images on your card too?

If so, you could transfer those pictures from your computer using an FTP client. What operating system do you use?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Quick Flicks » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Thank you for answering.
Here is the scenario:
I work on 42nd Street in New York and have a very strong competition. We all use DSLRs take a few pictures stick the card into the reader and open the pictures. Customer selects the one they like and an action in Photoshop inserts them into saved selections of a given background. We all have about 200 different designs.
Here is what I want to do: Have another photograhper take a few pictures away from the competition and show them instantly to the customers. Let them select the desired picture and transmit it to the workstation and also use the ipad as a display to get attention showing different available backgrounds but this is not a problem for me..
The important thing is how to get the pictures into the ipad directly from the camera?
I use Vista home Basic on a Dell.
Quick Flicks

Postby Quick Flicks » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:56 am

I guess Ranger 9 already answered my question.
Guess what, Hogan, I think it's already here. I just bought a $90 battery-powered wireless router that lets me connect my Eye-Fi-equipped Lumix, my WT-4-equipped Nikon, and my ShutterSnitch-equipped iPad anywhere. The router is already preconfigured with all the device addresses, so all I have to do is switch it on and everything connects. From there, the router just sits in my camera bag and the shots flow from the cameras to the iPad, ready to be reviewed, mailed, etc.

I'm going to be explaining this on my own blog (http://ranger9.net) just as soon as a few of the current ShutterSnitch bugs get ironed out -- which is one reason I'm checking the App Store every day!
Quick Flicks

Postby syd » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:03 pm

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=603772

I've done exactly what you're looking for.
syd

Postby Quick Flicks » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks for the link.
Quick Flicks

Postby mooshi » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:48 am

I shoot from my Canon 60D with the Eye-Fi Pro X2 card to my Jailbroken 16 gig iPad with no problems. I use the Ad Hoc mode with NO Internet or Router! The setup was kind of a gradual process though!

Mooshi
mooshi

Postby codecrusader » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm

mooshi wrote:I shoot from my Canon 60D with the Eye-Fi Pro X2 card to my Jailbroken 16 gig iPad with no problems. I use the Ad Hoc mode with NO Internet or Router! The setup was kind of a gradual process though!

Mooshi

iPad with 3g or the "small" one??
codecrusader

Postby mooshi » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:14 pm

The small one I guess. 16 gigs with Wifi and no 3G.

Mooshi
mooshi

Postby emmamike28 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 am

Camera..iPad...Workstation..I made it compatible and can show up on any device.
but cross quality kills me. May be actual data loose quality in transformation?
Just my wild guess! so, you are right I am in search of solution, that can intact quality.
emmamike28

Next

Return to Eye-Fi