GeoSnitch on iPhone/ShutterSnitch on iPad

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

GeoSnitch on iPhone/ShutterSnitch on iPad

Postby Keith » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:05 pm

First - many thanks for GeoSnitch

My first attempt to use it was with my iPhone - set it to log location and took shots with my DSLR. Problem was that I can't seem to find any way to get ShutterSnitch on my iPad (my preferred place to upload and check shots from my eye-fi card) to use the GeoLocation file created on the iPhone. I dropped the file into DropBox. GeoSnitch allowed me to do that. I don't seem to be able to open that file using GeoSnitch on the iPad, in order to get it to associate the locations with the images uploaded to ShutterSnitch on the iPad.

To summarise. Would it be possible to have GeoSnitch open .kmz files stored at some other location - e.g. DropBox, so that it can then do it's magic with photos present on the device where the .kmz file is being accessed?

BTW I Used my iPhone to run GeoSnitch so that I could keep my iPad running ShutterSnitch - easier to set the phone up and forget it.
Keith

Re: GeoSnitch on iPhone/ShutterSnitch on iPad

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 pm

From Dropbox on your iPad, choose to open the .kmz file with ShutterSnitch.

GeoSnitch is not needed on the device - as long as you've got the .kmz file and ShutterSnitch they "talk" to each other just fine.

You could effectively also just mail the .kmz file to yourself, open the mail on your iPad and tap to open the file with ShutterSnitch.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions