bad picture quality after magnification vers. 1.1.7

Bugreports = Bugfixes

bad picture quality after magnification vers. 1.1.7

Postby rudi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Sorry, my english is bad.
I am working with a WFT-E2 and everything is fine, except if I want to zoom into the picture on the ipad.
Even if I tip twice with my finger and the magnification ist maybe 25% the picture look bad and I am not able to control the sharpness. If I zoom to 100% there ist nothing left, only rush.
If I export it to ipads photolibrary and I zoom in again it works.
rudi

Re: bad picture quality after magnification vers. 1.1.7

Postby TheBrew » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:27 pm

This is not a bug. The current version of ShutterSnitch does not give you 1:1 versions of the images, but resized versions. This is mainly a speed-choice.

The upcoming 2.0 will have 1:1 image previews (and if it hurts speed too much, it'll get a setting for everyone to choose what they like the most).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheRogoc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:10 am

Please be precise.

Rob Galbraith writes in his comprehensive review:

"The zoomed view of a photo is blurrier in ShutterSnitch than when the same photo is viewed in the iPad's Photos app. You can see the difference in the comparison labeled blurry zoom; the ShutterSnitch zoomed version is on the left while the Photos app zoomed version is on the right.

Restarting the iPad immediately before a ShutterSnitch session helps limit the blurriness, at least at first. You'll notice, however, as a shooting session progresses that the zoomed view becomes less and less crisp, until it's as blurry as the example below. The full screen view always looks good, this really only affects the zoomed view.

This isn't exactly a bug; Gerfort says it has to do with how ShutterSnitch is managing what little memory the iPad doles out to process photos. He expects that proper zooming will come in a future ShutterSnitch update, once iOS 4.2 for the iPad is out in November 2010. Until then, careful focus checking in the zoomed view isn't really possible."

This is obviously a show stopper. What's the current situation?

Regards,
--
Marcel
TheRogoc

Postby TheBrew » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi Marcel,

This was the case in versions before 2.0.

The 2.0 was released some time ago (we're actually on 2.0.1 now :) and it supports full 1:1 previews.

So the show is on ;)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs