Backup of images at a later point, and battery pack

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Backup of images at a later point, and battery pack

Postby Axlebuster » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi , I want to use this for reviewing shots while on vacation, as such ideally I would like to leave my Eyefi x2 geo configured to just xfer to shuttersnitch, I will take a portable lan access point and setup in the unit so when I return at end of day hopefully it will auto load the images for the day to shuttersnitch when I turn on the camera. Is there a way to use shuttersnitch's ftp functionality or that of the eyefi card then to relay the images to my PC at home automatically to backup the images (i.e. dont need to xfer from shuttersnitch to ipad and PC simultaneously , but just at a later point.

Secondly I have seen where people have succesfully used a mobile config of 9 volt batteries to power a router configured as a mobile lan access point in their camera case, my router requires 12 volt 1000 mA supply , has anyone successfully setup a battery pack to power this and what would be suggested to do this

Thanks Todd
Axlebuster

Re: Backup of images at a later point, and battery pack

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:34 am

Yes, using the FTP features you can just transfer the images later to another computer.

There are two ways:

a. Set up an FTP server on your computer and transfer the photos via the export to location feature in ShutterSnitch.

If you're on a Mac, the FTP server is super simple - just check : System Preferences -> Sharing -> File Sharing -> Options -> Share files and folders using FTP. (Although you may want to check this guide out, to be sure you're not opening up for everybody)
On a PC you'll need to download an FTP server and configure that.

b. Log in to the current collection using an FTP client and copy the photos.

For a how to, read this post.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Eye-Fi