ez Share

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

ez Share

Postby Yogie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:37 am

Hi,

I like to know if ShutterSnitch will ever support ez Share WiFi cards?

http://www.ezshare.com.cn/english/

Would be great to know! I know ShutterSnitch is currently not supporting the cards, but would be great if it will…

Cheers
Yogie
Yogie

Re: ez Share

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:01 pm

No, sorry. No support for those.

Look here for all supported solutions: http://shuttersnitch.com/whatfi

And the Eye-Fi mobi cards are supported from the upcoming version 2.10.1 that is currently in review. (Out in a week perhaps?)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Yogie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi,

I know it is not supported yet. But will you ever add support?

Many thanks
Yogie
Yogie

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't think so. I'm not happy supporting shady companies..
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Yogie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Ok but this your opinion only from my experience the ez Share works much more reliable here than the Eye-fi did!
Yogie

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Not a matter of opinion. It's a fact that they use tactics to fool people into thinking they're buying an Eye-Fi card.

I will not be supporting them because they scam customers and steal intellectual property.

(And no, Eye-Fi has never ever mentioned these guys or cards to me - this is my personal stance.)

I'm sorry I can't help you though :( other than suggesting you get a card from a more respectable company.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby xuyaqing2003 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:43 am

Dear TheBrew Team,

My name is Yaqing Xu whom is product marketing manager of LZeal Information Technology Co., Ltd.

I came cross to your forums the other day. And I found your replies to Yogie regarding to our products. For your comments about our company and products, we are deeply regretted.
Please allow me to introduce our company and our product ez Share Wi-Fi SD card.

LZeal Information Technology Co., Ltd., a highly creative design company invested by China national capital, venture capital and entrepreneurial team, and is committed to offer the products and applications in digital image and video sharing field.

ez Share Wi-Fi SD card has earned great reputation in convenience, perfect features and flexible image applications, etc. Its market share is No.1 in Wi-Fi SD card field in China which strongly proves the advantages of ez Share. And now we focus on image sharing and constantly upgrading the user’s experience in digital imaging field.

ez Share owns the registered trademark and many patents, we can provide the relative certificate documents if necessary.

There are six figures ez Share users in China at the moment, and number is increasing every day. Hopefully ShutterSnitch could consider LZeal as your business partner when you are going to expand China market one day.

You are the most welcome to contact me for any further information about ez Share Wi-Fi SD card by the following channel or by my registered email.

Tel: +86-10-84924650
Email:sales@lzeal.com

Best regards!
Yaqing Xu
LZeal Information Technology Co.,Ltd.
xuyaqing2003

Postby TheBrew » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:15 pm

I'm sure your product is great and doesn't functionally infringe on any intellectual property that Eye-Fi holds.

What puts me off is the copying of the image (orange card, white or black text, wi-fi-waves) that Eye-Fi has established. Over the years they've conditioned customers to think "Hey, that's those awesome wi-fi cards" when they see an orange card in a packaging with the right amount of orange and white colors. Those colors are more important than the product name itself.

There's a lot of money spent on establishing that image. Simply copying it, means that you have Eye-Fi spending money doing "your" PR ..which isn't really fair.

However, Eye-Fi has since made a deal with Sandisk to sell red Eye-Fi cards. And I see you've also changed the color of your cards to be red - moving in the right direction. :)

We're entering colorful times, why not make pastel-pink ones or something no other companies use? Create your own identity. If yours are better than the Eye-Fi cards, people will ask for the pink ones..
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby xuyaqing2003 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 am

Thanks for your reply and further explain of your opinion. Please allow me to further introduce ez Share.
The brand “ez Share” is inaugurated by LZeal from the first day of birth. ez Share have many unique designs , such as the sole Wi-Fi switch, Auto-Push function, Picture edit and SNS share, etc.
In China, red has always been endowed to the features of positively, fortunately and happily, as well as orange and some other colors. You have mentioned that we have the similar color with other products, which means that we have the same taste in color select like everybody else. We will let you know when we change our color in pink:)
xuyaqing2003

Postby TheBrew » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:07 pm

It looks like the reasons for my initial opinion have changed. The cards are now light shade of red and the packaging has its own identity. :)

Version 3.0.4 of ShutterSnitch has been submitted to Apple. With support for ez Share cards and adapters!
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Other Questions