ISO Display in Title Bar Text please

Suggest away - maybe I'll like the idea :)

ISO Display in Title Bar Text please

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:45 pm

I use ShutterSnitch to preview and quality check my more important shoots. I quite often make use of the auto ISO feature in my Nikon, but I would like to know what actual ISO has been used whilst the shoot progresses. Some of my work is on outdoor activities during the magic hour through dusk to night and it would be really useful in those circumstances to have a heads up on what the ISO is.
Keith

Re: ISO Display in Title Bar Text please

Postby MadDawgJ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:10 pm

In Settings scroll down to Title Bar Text and select either Image Info or Image Info, Filename and it will show the ISO.
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Sorry - but this hs not been the observed case when I'm using ShutterSnitch - it shows speed F stop, shutter speed and the file name. No ISO details shown. I have just finished a shoot so this is up to date, observed and not from memory.
Last edited by Keith on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 pm

MadDawgJ wrote:In Settings scroll down to Title Bar Text and select either Image Info or Image Info, Filename and it will show the ISO.

Sorry - but this hs not been the observed case when I'm using ShutterSnitch - it shows speed F stop, shutter speed and the file name. No ISO details shown. I have just finished a shoot so this is up to date, observed and not from memory.
Keith

Postby MadDawgJ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:30 pm

What Nikon are you using and can you attach an image here so I can look at the metadata? With my Canons, both dSLRs and point and shoots, and my Olympus they all show ISO even if using auto ISO.
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Sounds like a bad / too new metadata format. Could you attach a sample photo as MadDawgJ suggests? (Copied from your card to your computer - it mustn't have been around the iOS device.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:31 pm

TheBrew wrote:Sounds like a bad / too new metadata format. Could you attach a sample photo as MadDawgJ suggests? (Copied from your card to your computer - it mustn't have been around the iOS device.)

Camera is a venerable Nikon D100
Attachments
DSC_0019.JPG
Straight off the Card - no ISO displayed just F stop and Shutter speed
DSC_0019.JPG (2.51 MiB) Viewed 10628 times
Keith

Postby TheBrew » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Aw, poor crab..

Yes, it looks like iOS doesn't parse the ISO. I'll post a bug report to Apple.

Mac OS X 10.8.4 does parse it though, so it looks like they've just not implemented it in iOS yet.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 am

Many thanks - oh and by the way - Superb job on the Snitch Backup tool. It's now part of my work flow. iPad comes back from a shoot (usually late in the evening). Sits on the desk - links up with the backup (running on headless Mini). When I get up photos are ready for ingest into Aperture. Beats my previous method, direct download using FTP.
Keith

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Glad to hear it allows for a little more time with the family. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Feature suggestions