Not all photos uploading via Transmit

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Not all photos uploading via Transmit

Postby StephenC » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:21 am

Hi, I'm looking for some help please. I am trying to use ShutterSnitch (with photos uploaded from an EyeFi card) to preview and delete my lesser quality photos, whilst on the road. In the past I have then uploaded the keepers to Aperture on the Mac using Transmit. I have been finding recently that only some of the photos will appear in the finder or Aperture, the others are just generic jpeg placeholder icons and give a message "It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognise. when I attempt to open them. They seem to transfer OK with ShutterSnitch Backup and show fine on the iPad. I am doing no editing in ShutterSnitch, just deleting individual photos. I'm not exactly sure when this started happening as I haven't had time to take many photos of late. It may well be something I am doing wrong.

Thanks for the great software, I love the wow when people see the photos appear on the iPad as you take them.

ShutterSnitch version 3.0.4
Logged in as superuser and using jpegs
StephenC

Re: Not all photos uploading via Transmit

Postby TheBrew » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 am

Is it reproducible? Will the corrupt photo never transfer correctly using Transmit?

If so, please attach the corrupt photo and the original photo (from SSB for example) in a post here.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Not all photos uploading via Transmit

Postby StephenC » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 am

I'm not sure it is reproducible. I have just tried the same batch of photos again and less of them are working than before (though Finder seems to have been able to make icons for more of them than before, but hey won't all preview).

I don't seem to be able to attach the jpegs (they are around 5Mb each)

I will probably just use ShutterSnitch Backup so don't worry too much about this issue - it is more likely a problem with Transmit than ShutterSnitch anyway
StephenC

Return to Other Questions