Check focus/100% view mode problem

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Check focus/100% view mode problem

Postby Lens_Hood » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:19 pm

I'm a professional photographer and long time user. I think ShutterSnitch is amazing and a wonderful tool. I'm using the iPadAir2, OS 8.1.1 and EYeFi.

That said when I switched over to the iPadAir2, I've noticed an unusual problem....one of favorite features of SS is the focus check option. I like the kind of "swoosh in" it does now. The issue is that on every shoot, on a rather random basis, when I double tap, the software does zoom into 100%, but the last part that normally occurs is the rez into the sharp or 100% mode does not occur...so it does the zoom-in but without the rez up, or show the 100% view function. The program does zoom back out however when I double tap again it will zoom in but not rez up or show at 100%. If I back out of the program and quit it entirely and then restart it will zoom in and rez up to 100% view as normal, then it will fine for a while and then the issue will occur again, and as mentioned I can't really correlate why it occurs.

Every other aspect of the program seems to be working as before and I have not noticed my iPad failing in any way on any of the other programs I use.

Thanks again for this great program, keep up the great work....please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in resolving this issue.
Lens_Hood

Re: Check focus/100% view mode problem

Postby TheBrew » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Lens_Hood wrote:I like the kind of "swoosh in" it does now.

Actually, that's a bug in iOS 8. :)

Lens_Hood wrote:The issue is that on every shoot, on a rather random basis, when I double tap, the software does zoom into 100%, but the last part that normally occurs is the rez into the sharp or 100% mode does not occur...so it does the zoom-in but without the rez up, or show the 100% view function.

I'm not sure I understand - so it zooms in, but will be blurry/pixelated?

When you experience this issue next time, can you note the exact picture and attach it in a post here (or, if it's not a photo you want to share, attach a photo with the same dimensions / JPEG type. Make sure you get it right off the card. Don't go through the Photos app on the device since it'll most likely alter the file.).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Lens_Hood » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Yes, when it zooms in it will be at 100% but not as sharp as the file actually is. So the way I would explain how the program works for me is there is zoom in...and then after a second or two the program appears to find the resolution and shows the pixels at 100%, then if image is sharp it will show that sharpness.

What happens in this case is you get the zoom in but what I refer to as that final step, when the sharpness of the file is shown, does not occur. Then if I totally quit it try again it works, so this is not the case that the image is not sharp it it is that the program does zoom in but more or less stops just before it accurately shows the 100% results.

Now that I think about it, I've have noticed that this often occurs after a long run of shooting, so let say I do a portrait, shot 10-20 images more or less sequentially and I want to check the last shot for focus...this issue never occurred with the iPadAir1.
Lens_Hood

Postby TheBrew » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Weird stuff.. When you switched to the iPad Air 2, did you restore it from the first iPad Air or did you start with a fresh install of ShutterSnitch?

If you did a restore, perhaps you could try clearing up the cache and see how things work after that. You do that by typing this into Safari: shuttersnitch://?clearCache=1
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Lens_Hood » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Yes I did a restore, I just did the cache clear...following along that line of reasoning as I don't actually store anything in SS, and just use it for an assignment, then clear it, maybe I should just uninstall it at the iTunes level and re-install it with a fresh copy...I'll loose nothing and that will help troubleshoot..thanks!!
Lens_Hood

Postby TheBrew » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:25 pm

I've looked over the code and added a check, in case this is some kind of timing issue. Let me know if you're still seeing the problem in version 3.2.5 (3.2.4 is currently in review).

Sidenote: Good thing you brought this up - looks like anyone running iOS versions prior to iOS 8 have been living with an even nastier zoom-bug (it didn't animate at all). Also fixed in 3.2.5.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs