Code replace

Suggest away - maybe I'll like the idea :)

Code replace

Postby jayce103 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi Brian. Long time no speak?

I am now into my 4th or 5th year of using this app and I am pleased that it is still as useful as when I first downloaded it...

A feature I would like to see is the ability to code replace. I use another app for my sporting events that has FTP input/ouput and basic editing (see other thread).

Although the app has the features above it is clunky and does not look great so I use Shuttersnitch for all other workflow. It would be cool to see these features soon.

Jayce
jayce103

Re: Code replace

Postby TheBrew » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:55 am

Better 3 and half years late than never? Version 4.4 adds Code Replace.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:45 pm

I have stuck with this app since way back as it may take time but it gets done....

How does it work?

I have created a code and some replace words but can’t get it to activate the code to read?

Example file snippet with spaces being tabbed

lfc liverpool Anfield LFC

Jayce
jayce103

Postby Mitch Gunn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 pm

I am also struggling to get the code replacement to work. My file is in the iCloud synced folder and I can see the file when I press the shirt icon in ShutterSnitch.

My codes are set up with: bm(tab)Barcelona’s manager Joe Bloggs

On my macbook and using photo mechanic I would type \bm\ and Barcelona’s manager Joe Bloggs would then be inserted. Is your system similar?
Mitch Gunn

Postby TheBrew » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Unlike Photo Mechanic, there's no need for delimiters before and after the codes.

Type 'lfc' in a metadata text field and:

* Single-tap the Code Replace button to replace 'lfc' with 'liverpool'.
* Tap and hold the Code Replace button to see the replacement options for 'lfc'. In your case liverpool, Anfield, and LFC. Tap any of them to replace with that value.

Since you can have many sets set up, they can be activated and deactivated. When you're not editing the sets, you can toggle the active-state (checkmark).

Easter-egg (not described in the UI): If your set contains 20 players, say abc1 - abc20, typing 'abc' and single-tapping the Code Replace button will present you with all of the first column values for the set.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Mitch Gunn wrote:My codes are set up with: bm(tab)Barcelona’s manager Joe Bloggs

On my macbook and using photo mechanic I would type \bm\ and Barcelona’s manager Joe Bloggs would then be inserted. Is your system similar?

In your case, type bm and hit the Code Replace button to have it changed to Joe Bloggs.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Sorry Brian I must be in thick mode today. I have tried hitting the code replace button (assuming it’s the t shirt icon and/or lightening) nut it just brings up the code replace dialog box. I’ll keep trying I am sure I’ll figure it out soon.

Jayce
jayce103

Postby jayce103 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Mitch Gunn wrote:I am also struggling to get the code replacement to work. My file is in the iCloud synced folder and I can see the file when I press the shirt icon in ShutterSnitch.

My codes are set up with: bm(tab)Barcelona’s manager Joe Bloggs

Did it work for you now Mitch? Still not for me hoping you are having better luck
jayce103

Postby TheBrew » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:39 pm

If it does that, it's either because you haven't typed anything in the textfield for Code Replace to replace, or because you haven't activated any sets.

If none of the sets have a blue checkmark on the right side, then all are deactivated - meaning Code Replace has nothing to do - so you're presented with the set manager.

(Tap the set to toggle its activated state.)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Could it be a bug? I have a set in there and has a check mark.
jayce103

Next

Return to Feature suggestions