What about PC to iPad

Lego Tech

What about PC to iPad

Postby MrSamD » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:20 am

I would like to know if anyone shoots their camera tethered to a PC then transmits to the ipad for viewing. I'd like a client to be able to sit on the sidelines and view the images on an iPad while the camera xmits the image to the PC for review by the shoot team. What's involved in setting up an FTP server on an adhoc network? Any special software needed? Will a simple FTP client work? Can Shuttersnitch poll a folder on a remote PC?
MrSamD

Re: What about PC to iPad

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm

It doesn't poll no, it just receives.

If you're on a Mac, look here to see how you can make it upload to ShutterSnitch(es) whenever a new photo is saved in a specific folder.

It's of course also doable on any other computer, but I haven't had time to look into that (if anybody can help out, please do!).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby galladanb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm

What I do not like about a tethered setup is that the camera's
LCD screen goes blank, and so there is no "EASY" way to adjust
the camera settings and such....

Just my 2cents worth...

I prefer the "Eye-Fi" route instead, live LCD, transfers, etc...
galladanb

Postby Skenobard » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:02 am

Hello, i coulnd find a section where to post ideas. I use your app to free the space frm the sd and geotag my pics via iphone. Untill here everything is great, but as you may consider 8/16 gigs of space in an iphone arent enough for a long trip. I thought that an ftp all in one solution with an indexer (who remembers the pics allready downloaded) could be great. The ftp solution you sugest works great but means to me to be in front of my screen armed with mouse and keypad and patience... Insertin ip/port, checking and so on. Theres an app called photosync that allows to keep syncronized the pics from the ipad/iphone to a pc/mac that could be a nice guideline ;)
Skenobard

Return to Interesting stuff