Add-onns

Bugreports = Bugfixes

Add-onns

Postby Nadia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi there,

Just for supporting purposes, I would like to buy the Add-ons, but it does not seem to be possible with the latest ios on iPhone 6sPlus. (I also updated Shuttersnitch today)
When I tab on the Buy button, the button goes away and comes back...
Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Nadia

Re: Add-onns

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 pm

First of all: Thank you for wanting to buy the add-ons!

I wonder if I maybe have to enlarge the touch-target.. It's a very small button, and if you tap just to the side of it, it won't initiate the purchase. Worthy of the 'bug' label - I'll have to fix that.

I've attached a video of how it works on my 6s Plus with the latest version. The first half of the video is me tapping *just* slightly below the button and the last half I tap right in the middle of the button.

Let me know if that was the issue. And again, thank you so much!
Attachments

hard-to-hit.mp4 [ 1.93 MiB | Viewed 3470 times ]

Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Nadia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:25 am

All set! It's activated :-)

Thank you an keep this wonderful App going !

Have a wonderful day!

Nadia
Nadia

Postby wyrwa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:27 pm

well, i tried to buy. But anywhere i click, no chance to buy. And there is no price shown. Version 4.1.5, iphone7, iOS 11.2.5
wyrwa

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Can you show me a screenshot?

Are you connected to the internet? (If there's no connection to the App Store, it can't retrieve the price, or make a purchase, and the button will just say "Buy" - is that what you're seeing?)

The only place you can tap to buy is the button - as you can see in the video above. (Sidenote: the hard-to-hit button issue was fixed in 4.1.5.)

There are two ways to get to the Image Adjustments add-on screen. If you landed on that screen by tapping the adjustments button inside a collection, try going to it via the collection overview -> Options -> Add-Ons instead and see if that makes any difference.

A hard issue for me to figure out since I've never seen it ..besides one time where I wasn't connected to the Internet.

Another thought: Can you make other purchases from the phone? If not, maybe you're not signed into your account in the Settings -> iTunes & App Store.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby wyrwa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Yes, i had internet.

Bit did you changed anything instead? Now it works. Great
wyrwa

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm

No, I didn't do anything.. But I've just been looking into it and for everything to work, the prices have to be known - and that only happens upon a "fresh" app launch (not when it's been asleep in the background).

I can imagine a scenario where the App Store wasn't responsive / the price-request timed out upon launch. Then the prices never got set and things would look just as you described it.

Maybe ShutterSnitch was killed in the background since then, and then when you relaunched it now, the prices were set, and "you're in". :)

Thank you for supporting my work, and I'll now go add some extra code to handle that funky scenario!
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs