SSn crahes opening any collection

Bugreports = Bugfixes

SSn crahes opening any collection

Postby photog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello,

SSn crashes opening any collection. Deleting all collections / Clearing cache / Restarting IOS does not help.

-Oryk
Attachments
CrashReport.txt
CrashReport
(76.1 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
photog

Re: SSn crahes opening any collection

Postby TheBrew » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Wow, I'd love to be able to reproduce that one.

You say you've deleted all your collections and it still crashes when creating and entering a new one?

The quick way around this would be to delete the app and re-download it from the App Store. (Since you're already at the point where you've deleted the collections.)

BUT I'd love to find and fix the actual bug so it can't happen in the future.

Do you have access to a computer? If so, could you try connecting your iPad to iTunes, go to File Sharing, select ShutterSnitch, select all files, and then save them to a folder on your desktop. Then zip that folder and attach it in a post here. (Zipping on Mac: Control-click the folder and choose 'Compress', on PC: ..last time I used one, it was a matter of right-clicking and picking Send To -> Zip Archive.)

Strike that! It looks like it's related to the settings, which you won't get out by using iTunes. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get to them. Hang on..
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm

... does a reinstalling delete all my settings. (The crashes appear after adding/changing some ftp-export settings.)

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Yes, it would delete all your settings.

Would you be interested in / do you have time to try a test-version of ShutterSnitch so we can get it fixed quickly? (If so, I'll mail you and ask for your device ID - I need that in order for you to install the test version.) In that case we can avoid deleting your settings.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 pm

... my SSn zipped files attached (extracted with iMazing app).

-Oryk
Last edited by TheBrew on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Privacy
photog

Postby photog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:26 pm

TheBrew wrote:Yes, it would delete all your settings.

Would you be interested in / do you have time to try a test-version of ShutterSnitch so we can get it fixed quickly? (If so, I'll mail you and ask for your device ID - I need that in order for you to install the test version.) In that case we can avoid deleting your settings.

... let's wait till you have analyzed my .log and .zip files.

-Oryk
photog

Postby photog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm

... by the way: can anyone open my attached files exept you ?

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Not anymore. Removed. (And I'll be deleting it when I'm done with it - not that I see any personally identifiable information in there.)

The crash happens as the filmstrip is setting up the filter of what to show.

Those filters are based on Labels, Tags, and Rating. The tags are in the data you posted, but the Labels are saved differently. Could you post a screenshot of your Labels? (Options -> Labels)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby photog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 pm

... do you mean <Farbmarkierungssätze> (which I did not change) ? They are: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.

-Oryk
photog

Postby TheBrew » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Yes, OK, then it's probably not related to them. I was just thinking maybe some special kind of naming / characters could be the problem.

I've only found one place where I don't check for data corruption in the settings, and I'd be very surprised if that's the actual cause. Besides that I can't get closer to the solution without your help, installing a test version. If you're up for that, let me know, if not, the solution for you is to delete the app, reinstall it, and set things up again from fresh.
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Bugs