Canon R5 Image Transfer Question

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Canon R5 Image Transfer Question

Postby AdamFalgout » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm

I've Got the selective wireless transfer through my router to shutter snitch working great... However I have an issue. Before, when I was using my 5D Mk III with an Eye-Fi Mobi Pro card, I could select JPG's by protecting them, then whenever I came back into range of the wifi network, it would automatically send whatever files I had selected to be sent to shutter snitch, all in a row. The issue I'm running into with my EOS-R5 is any images I select when I'm not in range, then go back into range of the wifi it won't automatically que up the images I've selected, but instead only send the images I select while I'm connected to the network at the same time, is there a way to make it work like the Eye-fi Mobi Pro card and automatically start queing up and sending images it hasn't received, that I select while out of range?
AdamFalgout

Re: Canon R5 Image Transfer Question

Postby TheBrew » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:18 am

PTP/IP auto-transfers are queued by the camera itself and ShutterSnitch then accepts them. I don't have an R5 myself so I don't know if there's a trick to getting this behavior - I hope, if anyone out there knows, they'll chime in here.

I know it's not optimal, but I guess a work-around would be to pair with the camera, tap the wrench-button -> Import images -> Canon R5, and then tap and hold the 'Select All' button at the bottom of the screen. That'll give you the option to select all protected files. Then tap Import. Don't worry, files that already exist in the collection will be skipped, so it won't re-download them all every time you do this.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby AdamFalgout » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:25 pm

Thank you! The Import with the wrench option actually would be fantastic as a work around except the select all button tapped, or held down, or tap then hold... always select every jpg on the card and not just the ones that are marked as protected.
AdamFalgout

Postby AdamFalgout » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:08 pm

OK scratch that I figured out the import protected... the issue now is that when import protected, it stops transferring to the ipad unless I only use the import option, it doesn't transfer live.
AdamFalgout

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi