Questions from a new user

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Questions from a new user

Postby ade968 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 pm

i bought ShutterSnitch yesterday and have been testing it and have some questions. I have mostly bought it as part of a workflow for on the road. I have an eye-fi card which transfers jpegs to my iPhone 4. I would like to rate and keyword on the iPhone in odd moments of travelling to save a lot of time when I get home.

My initial reaction is that ShutterSnitch is incredibly powerful and will be very useful to me when I get the workflow sorted. My tests and questions below are mostly about that workflow.

My tests and questions...

I'm using an iPhone 4 running latest software. For the tests I imported 11 photos from camera roll. These photos were jpegs shot using the native iphone camera app. I have tested eye-fi as well though and that works too.

1. What does the "enable actions" button actually do? I think it means that the action you choose for when images are received is taken. If the actions are not enabled then this doesn't happen. It doesn't seem to affect anything other than at import.

2. I created an action to find all the 3* rated images in a selection and move to another collection. It works well but I get a frozen UI on the screen that lists the photos for action and puts the green ticks when the actions are done. If I tap the cancel button the UI comes back to life. I can then click "close" and everything is done. My action still completes OK, it just seems to be a UI bug.

3. I love the ability to write to the IPTC Caption field. Can we write to the IPTC keyword field though? I usually use keywords to filter in aperture. I know I can filter on the Caption field in Aperture but that mucks up some stuff further down my workflow.

Many thanks
Adrian
ade968

Re: Questions from a new user

Postby TheBrew » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi Adrian,

Glad you like it :)

1. Correct ("Enable Actions" = "Enable the actions below")

2. Thanks for reporting this! Looking into it.

3. I hope to be adding this in an upcoming version yes!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Questions from a new user

Postby ade968 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just sorted through 100ish photos I took today and it all worked great!
ade968

Return to Other Questions